Wednesday, July 25, 2012

FBI Follow-Up

The immediate response to my request to the FBI was a form email letting me know the request is being processed.  Once a FOI/PA (Freedom of Information/Privacy Act) request number is assigned, I can check the status of my request.

It would be so very cool if they had information on my great-grandmother's first husband, Joseph St. Onge!  I can think of a couple of cousins who would be very interested in knowing more about their great-grandfather and his supposed criminal past!

I will update you with regard to their response time and the outcome.  I'm sure that particular section or department of the FBI has more pressing FOI/PA matters to pursue and requests to answer; odds are genealogical requests have the lowest priority, so I doubt I will hear very quickly.


Copyright (c) 2011 Wendy L. Callahan

No comments:

Post a Comment