Thursday, April 12, 2012

Research Habits: Music

When I'm cleaning, writing or researching, I tend to enjoy background music.

Music played while writing must complement the story, scene, overall emotions, etc.  So I tend to favor heavy metal or alternative rock when I'm writing.

Music for cleaning needs to be loud and energetic - usually pop or 80's music.

The music I like to listen to while I'm working on genealogy is more mellow than my cleaning or writing music.  I tend to choose classic rock, which is my favorite genre.  It's what I grew up listening to, and what I prefer to this day.  At the moment, I am working my way through some ancestors to the sound of the Steve Miller Band.  I also love some Bob Seger, David Bowie, or Stevie Nicks for research "noise".

Sometimes I will listen to folk or New Age music as well, but the classic rock reminds me of my dad and family in general, since it is a part of my childhood.

What about you?

Copyright (c) 2011 Wendy L. Callahan

No comments:

Post a Comment