I saw this post by Heather Wilkinson Rojo at Nutfield Genealogy and decided to get in on the action. Credit for this cool idea goes to Jill Ball, an Australian genealogy blogger at Geniaus. So, here goes:
The Bucket List GeneaMeme
The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type
You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item.
1. The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is - I honestly have no idea!
2. The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is Megan Smolenyak.
3. The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is everybody I have befriended on Facebook. We need to organize a party. ;)
4. The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is - Alas, no idea.
5. The genealogy lecture I would most like to present - and the talk I have actually given - is a basic "How To" for those who want to get started. This is usually all it takes to get people impassioned about genealogy.
6. I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits northwestern Italy.
7. The photo I would most like to find is - my great-great grandmother, Emma Anna (Murphy) (Regan) Shaw.
8. The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is pretty much any in the Busca and Moneglia areas of Italy, where my great-great grandparents were born.
9. The place of worship I would most like to visit is – I haven't the vaguest idea... However, since I have 2 more years left in England, I plan to visit a few to see what I can discover. It's not a huge deal to me, but it's also not an opportunity that I will allow to pass me by.
10. The cemetery I would most like to visit is - I can't think of one. Thus far, I have visited all the cemeteries of interest to me. However, when I discover where certain relatives are buried, I'm sure I will want to go there. :)
11. The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is a tie between Busca and Moneglia, Italy. Many of the towns in England are a given and I am plotting my research on a map.
12. The brick wall I most want to smash is Emma Anna (Murphy) (Regan) Shaw. She has eluded us for so long!
13. The piece of software I most want to buy - I can't think of one. I love Legacy 7.5.
14. The tech toy I want to purchase next is - none. I'm not much of a tech person.
15. The expensive book I would most like to buy is - the Great Migration Series by Robert Charles Anderson - all the volumes!
16. The library I would most like to visit is - Salt Lake City, Family History Library
17. The genealogy related book I would most like to write is - well, when I figure it out, I'll tell you.
18. The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about - Hmm... I think I'm good with this one.
19. The journal article I would most like to write would be about - finding great-great grandma Emma, when it happens!
20. The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is - once more, great-great grandma Emma. She can't hide forever. ;)
Hop on over to the Geniaus blog and add your list to Jill's comments or, if you have your own blog, please join the meme and pass it on!
Copyright (c) 2011 Wendy L. Callahan