Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Solstice & Merry Yule!

Many thanks to everybody who is reading or has read The Gossamer Gate.  It will remain free until January 1, and you are more than welcome to share the link with anybody you know who loves faerie fantasy with a bit of romance.  Every time someone tells me they got so lost in the story that they couldn't put it down, I feel warm fuzzies.  ^.^


I'm trying to wrap up what I can before the year ends.  Mostly, it's just a look back at some genealogical brick walls and I'm performing some searches to see if there are any new results.

This was not the most exciting year for discoveries on my part, only because I was busy moving around the world *again* (ah, the military life!) and then my focus was on my work.  However, I have two definite genealogy goals for 2012:

1.  Visit Manchester, where my great-great grandfather, John William Wood, was born on 15 March 1874.  There is so much research I want to do there!

2.  Visit Ireland, where my husband's Callahan cousins still live in Annagolgan (and the general are), Roslea, County Fermanagh.

What are you genealogical goals for 2012?  And, by the way, did you back-up your files?  If not, this is the perfect time to ensure that your hard work is not lost in an unforeseen accident!

Since we are Pagan and celebrate the Solstice, also known as Yule, this night marks the end of the dark half of the year.  As tomorrow marks the start of the light half of the year, I feel that it is only appropriate to spend tonight doing a bit of light organizing and research.  I would like to get a good night's rest, spend tomorrow celebrating quietly at home with a ritual and opening gifts, then take a walk later in the day.

All in all, I think Monday would be a good day for a fresh start and continuation of projects (be they literary or genealogical) currently in progress. 

I would like to pass on my good wishes to all of you: Happy Solstice and a Merry Yule, and may you enjoy success in all your endeavors in the light half of the year.  ^.^


Copyright (c) 2011 Wendy L. Callahan

No comments:

Post a Comment