Monday, June 13, 2011

The question of remarriage...

Specifically, in modern times...

My pedigree charts (printed from my Legacy software) begin with my son, and thus cover my lineage and his father's.  I think this is for the best, and I do not see the need to alter how I print pedigree charts, since my second husband and I do not plan on having children.

I did ask myself if I should start a binder of pedigree charts merging he and I, but it does not seem necessary.  I guess that means he gets his own family binder.  ;)

Since I have been completely and utterly focused on writing, and getting my latest finalized manuscript out to a publisher (fingers crossed!), I'm starting to feel that need to do something else.  Hopefully I can begin to establish a better balance of writing and researching.

My husband is still in Greece - too bad we don't have any research to do there! - and when I told him that I found the local FHC, he expressed an interest in coming with me to see what it is like.  I was quite pleasantly surprised.  He enjoys history (especially the 1950's) and is interested in how people lived.  I think that seeing his family placed in an historical context (i.e. these grandparents lived through the Great Depression, what kinds of jobs they had, where they lived, what that area was like, etc.) will be fun for him.

We share so much in common already; if he turned into a genealogy-addict, I would be shocked.  But in a good way.

Copyright (c) 2011 Wendy L. Callahan

No comments:

Post a Comment