Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thank You to Evelyn Yvonne Theriault at "A Canadian Family"

When it comes to awards, I admit to sidestepping them most of the time.  ;)

I am truly honored that Evelyn thought of me in passing along The Janice Brown Puckerbrush Award.

As for Evelyn, I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about her.  Although I have never personally met the author of A Canadian Family, I have felt her friendship from afar.  Hers was one of the first genealogy blogs I followed in the early days of my own blogging. 

When that unfortunate splog (that shall not be named) swiped content from me, Evelyn gave me the heads-up.  She looks out for others, and I have no doubt that someday we will discover kinship between her and my husband in the wide world of French Canadian ancestry.

If you have not checked out her blog, I highly recommend it.  You will find, not just French Canadian ancestry, but vintage postcards, Native American news and lore for Canada, and history, just for starters.

Thank you, Evelyn, for making this gorgeous Monday spring morning even sweeter!


Copyright (c) 2010 Wendy L. Hawksley

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Wendy, now come off your high horse. Only kidding of course. I'm very happy for you. And I will have to check out A Canadian Family since I have many Canadian roots. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete