Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans in the Family

My husband, David Hawksley, a veteran of the Gulf War

My husband's stepfather, Bill Ruby, a veteran of the Vietnam War

Grandpa Haley - still living, a veteran of WWII

Grandpa Wood - passed away January 13, 1995, a veteran of WWII

My husband's Grandpa Hawksley - still living, a veteran of WWII

My husband's Grandpa Terrien - passed away February 2, 1996, a veteran of WWII, who saw action at the Battle of the Bulge and the Rhineland, including the battle to take the Remagen Bridge in Germany.

He received three Bronze Stars.

All of our great-great grandfathers enlisted or registered for the draft during WWI.

My great-great-great grandfather, Jeremiah Darling Blake (1820-1900) fought during the Civil War in Company D, 40th Infantry Regiment, Massachusetts.

Countless cousins and distant great-uncles who fought through the years.

Long-ago grandfathers who fought during the Revolution.

I still have countless WWII photographs waiting to be reunited with families - please look back at my old blog postings for the names to see if your father, grandfather, or uncle is mentioned!

Happy Veterans Day and thank you to those who have served, and continue to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment