Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hawksley in Halifax, Nova Scotia

My husband's cousin just sent this to me last night. She found the following:

Hawksley, William, bachelor married May 20, 1810 to Anne Greenwood, spinster, St. Paul's Anglican Church, Halifax, NS

If you look at the marriage bond at www.novascotiagenealogy.com, the poor guy's name is mangled in the index as Haireheley, or something like that. It is just easier to look up Ann Greewood and find the marriage that way.

Looking at the marriage bond (original document), it was clear to see that this is a Hawksley.

Now I wonder who William Hawksley was, if he and Ann/e had children, where they lived, and if William has any relationship to the Mr. Hawksley who fathered my husband's ancestor, John Goodwin Hawksley. John did name a son William, so it is possible that this William who married Ann/e Greenwood is an uncle or cousin. Or maybe not.

You never know until you research!

I wish I could spend all day on this family...

No comments:

Post a Comment