Thursday, October 30, 2008

Warren C. Bailey & Luella M. Field

I have identified the person in yet another WWII photo taken by my husband's grandfather.

He is Warren C. Bailey, born April 8, 1921 in Massachusetts. He enlisted in Portland, ME on November 16, 1942. He died in Windham, Maine on July 25, 1983.

He married Luella M. Field on July 19, 1952 in Portland, Maine.

She was born January 14, 1932 and died November 24, 2001 in Sun City Center, Florida.

Warren was my husband's grandfather's "pal and chum", his very best friend in the war. They stayed in contact long after the war ended, and Warren returned to Maine while Normand (hubby's grandfather) returned to Massachusetts.

I'm on the look-out for children of Warren and Luella! But they will be difficult to find. I think I will have to find the newspaper in Sun City Center that would have obituaries and request Luella's. That should list the names of any children they had and where the children live. My mother-in-law thinks they had at least one child.

I also found another family - the family of Chester Hester. I believe I have the right family, since the most logical Chester Hester enlistment for WWII was a Chester L. Hester in Kentucky. I got in touch with the husband of a niece of Chester L. Hester and have put the 2 photographs in the mail to him. I'm hoping they find the right home!

No comments:

Post a Comment