Thursday, March 6, 2008

Adriana Porter

I just got my copy of "The Rede of the Wiccae" by Robert Mathiesen and Theitic. I purchased this book because I am a Pagan, and was interested in the story of Adriana Porter, her granddaughter, Gwen Thompson, and their tradition of Witchcraft.

However, this book also has great genealogical value and that was a pleasant surprise for me.

I already knew that I was related to Charles Godfrey Leland (author of "Aradia: The Gospel of the Witches"), but to find that I was also related SEVERAL times over to Adriana Porter and Gwen Thompson was really interesting.

The authors traced Adriana Porter's lineage to determine whether or not her granddaughter's story of a family trad (tradition) of Witchcraft was accurate. As it turns out, Adriana goes back to many of the Puritan and Separatist families of the New England colony.

Since I turn out to be related to practically every single New Englander, as well as anyone who can claim old New England roots (and I know many people are like me in that regard - several old New England lineages that tie in to practically all the families who settled there), I've decided that I must now call my family tree:

Wendy's Wicked New England Lineage

Because I am so wicked New England, its ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment